Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mwah Mwah Mwah!

So, its valentines day. As I was making my way to work I was thinking about this whole love thing and asking how many things I love. Then it hit me, I absolutely love advertising.

Lets face it, this is one of the best jobs in the world.

I love the fact that everyday is not the same and you get to use the freedom of expression and creativity to do things that will change people's lives.

I love the interesting bunch of people that I have met in my career. People who are always themselves and share much more about themselves than in most careers. They are not just work mates they are family.

I love the environment. Agencies are free environments, they have an ambiance like no other place I would imagine working in.

I love the freebies. With every job comes the opportunity to test a product. This ranges from test driving cars to free holidays at five star destinations to free samples.

I love the travel. There have been instances where I have had the opportunity to cross continents all in the name of training or overseeing the production of commercials.

I love the socializing aspect. There is always a launch here, a launch there. The opportunity to mingle with big shots in society and always make new acquaintances.

I love the education. Working on different brands gives you insights into different industries. From finance to how charities are helping needy Kenyans.

I love the recognition. You get to hear people talking about the work you have done and if you are lucky you get pieces to hang in your home or office in the name of awards.

I love the pay. It feels like a blessing getting paid to do something you love to do everyday.

Once in a while its good to sit back and say, thank you God for putting me exactly where I love to be.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. *grins* my first time here...i'm trying to get over the turban/kilt combo...now there's a gut busting vision. And you truly have a fab job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I beg forgiveness for wring use of the strong word LOVE..too shallow.I expected Teddy to have rich stuff on LOVE based on his rich ideas and experience

    ReplyDelete