Thursday, January 13, 2011

Najivunia kuwa Wazimu

It's a fact that we creative types are far from ordinary when it comes to mental functions. I mean, how many times have you heard that notion of ..."ai, you guys are not sawa in the head?" I personally have pulled some stunts while in employment which could only be attributed to temporary insanity.

I admit to throwing tantrums, assaulting office equipment and yeah there was that incident with a certain top dog once in a boardroom. But, ask any suit and they will admit that the scariest thing about most creatives is their mood swings. One minute a guy is smiling and the next he is barking at you for a bad proposition on your brief.

Well my fellow creatives, don't feel bad or rush to Dr. Frank Njenga (who I must say is pretty cool) just yet. It has been scientifically proven that there is a link between madness and creativity especially the mood swing thing.

Peeps and peepets, you just might be Bi-Polar. Here's a list of some famous people who have achieved greatness in their fields, perhaps with a little assistance from their mental issues:

* Mel Gibson, actor and director
* Macy Gray, musician and actor
* Linda Hamilton, star of the terminator movies
* Ernest Hemingway, writer
* Sinead O'Connor, musician
* Jean-Claude Van Damme, actor
* Vincent Van Gogh, artist
* Virginia Woolf, writer
* Marshall Mathers (Eminem)
* Jim Carrey, actor
* Winston Churchill
* Mark Twain
* Robert Louis Stevenson, Poet
* Robert Frost, Poet
* Isaac Newton, Scientist

So my fellow creative, next time someone tells you that you're mad maybe just maybe it could be "wivu", that the voices in your head are not talking to them.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Good one. I've always known but it's good to get independent confirmation from a fellow 'sufferer'. We should now start documenting Miro geniuses starting with you and me, Dex, Ero, Deno... :-)
    STV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, somebody understands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. voices in my head are not talking to them... roflmao!!

    genius!... we all agree... the voices and I..;-)

    ReplyDelete